Gifted and Talented
Parkfield Community School Gifted and Talented
Pupils identified as gifted and talented in a particular curriculum area primarily have their needs met through differentiated planning.
We aim to extend and enhance the opportunities for all pupils within school and in doing so provide specific experiences for gifted and talented pupils as detailed in the examples below.
- Tailor-made visits to the new Birmingham Central Library.
- In-school Library sessions. February 2014
- Review and selection panel for new reading material in class. April 2014
- Writing Competition entries e.g 500 word competition – February/March 2014
- Termly School Newspaper Production – September 2014 onwards
- Visit to Birmingham University March 2014
- Inter-school Maths challenges July 2013
- In-school Maths challenges
- Devising Maths trails
- Producing exemplar video clips for use in lessons. March 2014
- Nationally recognized awards e.g BAGA tba
- Attendance at Sports Events – Inter Schools and Professional events – e.g Indoor
- Athletics Championships NIA.
- Visit to Bletchley Park June 2014
- AV Crew for operating radio station / filming / lighting / photography June/July 2014
- Moodle area to be set up to explore the world of IT. Linked to programming software ‘Scratch’ with on-line homework set.
- Science Museum visit to use LEGO Mindstorms lab.
- Computer Programming after-school club focused on Coding.
- Tailor-made visit to Birmingham Think Tank - May 2014
- Science experiment sessions and explanations to Year groups - live and recorded.
- Eco-school and school allotment development group February 2014
- Local history visits
- Developing a school/community archive
- Rolling programme of Powerpoint presentations to raise awareness and explain anniversaries of historical events and historical figures. April 2014 onwards.
- Working with a community artist on a school project –Summer Term 2014
- Visit to Birmingham Art Gallery/ Ikon Gallery
- Ongoing links and recipricol visits to Lady Katherine C of E School
- Displays to link with world events/world awareness e.g Brazil – World Cup
- Field Trips – Moseley Boga and the Lickey Hills