Young Engineer's Academy
Welcome to Parkfield's Young Engineers' Academy!
Overall, the skills taught are to embed the children with life skills they can use in their futures beyond the classroom. As well as hopefully inspiring some of our children to become the next generation of this country's engineers, we are also hoping to develop a range of skills within our children which can be utilised across the curriculum.
We aim for our children, through the use of this academy, to
- co-operate well with others;
- develop further their spoken language skills;
- develop team work skills;
- explore a range of solutions to problems;
- develop resilience;
- develop a knowledge of a range of technical problems;
- apply maths and science skills to real life contexts;
- use a range of materials safely.
We are really hoping that local firms, with a scientific, mathematical, manufacturing or technological background will become involved with our Young Engineers Academy. If you represent one of these firms and are interested in doing this, then please email us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Here are some comments about the YEA from our children at Parkfield: