ICT/Computing at Parkfield
We are very well resourced in terms of ICT at Parkfield.
- 2 dedicated and innovative full time ICT technicians;
- interactive whiteboards in every classroom;
- visualisers in every classroom;
- 1:1 iPads in Years 6;
- a class set of iPads for other year groups to use;
- a 32 iMac computer suite (dual bootable to Windows or Mac);
- a set of dataloggers (for measuring sound, light, temperature and heart rate);
- a class set of Romos
- 6 iMacs in the library;
- 4 iMacs in corridors for years 2, 3 and 4;
- 30 netbooks for use in Years 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- our own school TV studio, with green screen facilities.
Every child from Year 3 upwards has their own school email address, which is monitored in school, and they have their own Mathletics and Google Classroom (our Virtual Learning Platform) accounts. Each year group has its own Google Classroom area and this is used weekly to set homework within our school and to educate children about e-safety.
"ICT in education is important! Information and communication technology (ICT) has quickly become one of the building blocks of modern society. ICT supports learners but more importantly it extends the reach of the population in ways we have yet to imagine." (Browning)